Moose, Dog Sledding, and Hockey

Jan 23, 2013

Hi! Here are some pictures of life lately. They are phone pictures, so please excuse the quality!

Sammie relaxing in the snow, looking out onto the Snake River

Sammie walking on Cache Creek with one of her dog walking friends

A Moose on the Flat Creek Pathway in town

Y'all...The moose picture taken above was my first of two moose encounters that day, along with a huge group of deer. I had five dogs on a hike with me, including Sammie, on a trail that we go on (well, now used to go on) frequently right off of Cache Creek. First, there were a bunch of deer running through the woods and two of the dogs were going after them. I'm not big on shock collars, but I am really glad these dogs had them on, because that's the only way they came back to me! Next, we were rounding a corner and saw a HUGE brown animal... a moose!!! Luckily, it was a female, not a bull, who would have probably charged us right away. Sammie started running right up to the moose, and of course, the four other dogs followed! At first, the moose just stood there, but then started running down towards them, kicking at them! It was extremely scary for me, especially because Sammie was first in line to be kicked! Female moose are at least twice the size of horses, if not bigger, so getting kicked by one would be no joke. I was just standing there, hysterically screaming and blowing a whistle I had, and they finally came running back. Needless to say, our hike was cut a little short that day! 

This is pretty much my life dream, coming true. I can't wait to report back with pictures after Friday! There are lots of festivities in town that day for the race.

A view of the mountains while doing a dog walk

Skiing in Teton Village

Not a great picture, but we did go to a Jackson Hole Moose hockey game last Friday. It was fun and the place was PACKED! That's a small town for ya... Gotta support the local hockey team!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.